The Bridge of Forgetfulness

 The Bridge of Forgetfulness

   by Danny C. Wash                                                                                                    



As I drive my car across the bridge

out of my day and into the night,

each problem of the day swirls up like 

smoke from a smoldering campfire.

The iridescent colors of the trees changing 

as I pass, calm my troubling thoughts as a 

large egret erupts from the trees and lets her 

wings lift her upward from the nest. Like 

the bird, the problems of my day also begin 

flying from my mind, as I leave the bridge 

and drive into my other world, and into the 

forgetfulness of the evening, until tomorrow 

when they sit there waiting for me to come 

back across the bridge into my new day.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe