The Wanderer

 The Wanderer                                        

  by Danny C. Wash


I wandered around

from town to town.

from place to place

leaving little trace.

I wandered from here to there

with nothing becoming clear.

I wandered with no aim

with none caring even of my name

while hoping for a little fame.

I tried a little of this and that

which all usually fell flat.

Then, the answer came to me,

and I knew what was the key.

I was not where I needed to be

and I now had to become free.

I had been a constant wanderer

but now I must become a wonderer.

I must look with wonder at others

and all God’s creation of races and colors,

as important like sisters and brothers.

And, if at times, I continue to wander,

I must become a wondering wanderer

to give others the wonder of real love,

which I pray be given to me from above.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe