The Me Tree

The Me Tree                                            
by Danny C. Wash

As my old age is now catching up with me,

I believe my body is becoming more like a tree.

I have spots, holes & bumps where none used to be.

Also, I seem to be growing bark in places all over me.

My old limbs are beginning to slowly shrink

and my middle trunk is expanding more I think.

Fall and then winter are fast on the way.

I wonder if I still have much longer to stay

until my leaves and trunk have gone away.

But the spring will still come eventually

and new life will spring forth from my roots

and will live as new and growing young shoots

until they grow into mighty trees in my place

to carry on and live their lives in my old space.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe