Words Unsaid

Words Unsaid                                            
By Danny C. Wash


As I lay here in the dark in my bed

words come to me I’ve never said.

Things perhaps I have muttered,

thought, but never even uttered.

Words can be like sharp arrows

that when loosed from the bow

and fly to their mark bring sorrow.

There are words that we may throw

that when said we can’t take away.

But the words of which I speak today

are the ones that need to be spoken,

words of true love not yet conveyed

to our loved ones these words unspoken.

Will you give them as a goodbye or greeting

perhaps, to those who hunger for your emotion.

Our days are numbered, time is quickly fleeting

for us to bless with our words of love and devotion.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe