7 A.M.

7 A.M.                                                    

 by Danny C. Wash

I can’t get up from here.

I’m frozen to this bed I fear.

I know I should arise right now

but my body will not so allow.

Today I have many duties to attend.

They all are hard and not my friend.

I would like to just go away from it all

to run and play and have a ball.

But I must get up and go to work.

I have many responsibilities I cannot shirk.

There are many worries that I may find

at 7 a.m. will enter into my tired mind.

None of these fleeting thoughts are real

even though at 7 a.m. they may so feel.

I will ignore them all & jump up from bed.

Perhaps the best of my life is just ahead.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe