My Old Friend

My Old Friend 
  by Danny C. Wash                                           
                                                                            

I had a dream last night

It was a dream about an old friend.

A friend that is gone but not forgotten.

I saw him standing there as before

And, I gave him a big hug

A good hug, an old hug, as before

He looked back at me as we embraced

But I could not make out his face

Yet, it was a good hug, an old hug, as before

I then saw him on a path with me

It was a good path, an old path, as before

He looked at me on the path but his face I still could not see

We walked until it forked to the right and the left

He went one way and I the other, and

He was gone and I was left all by myself

I walked for days on this path and was so bereft

Until the paths ended and joined together

The paths to the right and to the left

I rejoined my friend and gave him a hug

A good hug, an old hug, as before

I realized that in this place at the end of the path

is a good place, a new place, but not as before.

And now I could see his face

An old face, yet a new face, and not as before.

His face was shining like the sun

And his smile was like a peaceful seashore

which made me glad we were together like one

My good friend, my old friend, and forevermore.


Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe