My Birthday

                                                                           



My Birthday

by Danny Wash

A birthday is just another day,

Except it’s not, it’s the day I was born,

Well not really today but the same day years ago.

Naked, out I came into the world, crying,

Sad, no just alive and separated from warm mother.

Apart and the first day of the rest of my life.

And now here, all these days, weeks, and years later.

Alone, but not alone, family and friends reminding me

Of this day and that first one; "member," as the little ones say.

Well, not really, as I float on this stream of life in wonder, 

Onward how quickly, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, 

Where will it end? But, it’s my Birthday and I will not think about that.

Tomorrow and tomorrow and then another Birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe