My Father’s House

 My Father’s House                                    


   By Danny C. Wash



In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also.” John 14:2  “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

O Lord, in Your house there is room for all.

Room for the sick. 

Room for the hungry. 

Room for the lonely. 

Room for the fearful.

Room for those burdened by sin.

Room for those burdened by laws.

Room for everyone, whatever the problem.

But God’s house is not a physical building

or rooms in Heaven. It is a person– Jesus Christ.

And the place is in Him, as His physical Body 

on Earth, which is Christ’s Church and is all 

those who have received the Holy Spirit and 

are trusting in Jesus as their Savior. Jesus gives 

us rest because He gave God the rest He needed 

to allow God’s wrath against our sin to be released 

on Christ at His death on the cross as us & for us. 

With God being at rest in Christ, it allowed us 

to be at rest in Christ, where God had placed us 

when Christ died on the cross & was resurrected.

And so, when Christ came again in resurrection, we 

were in Him if we are trusting in Him as our Savior and 

Lord. We will be where He is forever & He will give

us rest, no matter where we are, if we are in Him, 

that’s all that matters, whether on Earth or in Heaven.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe