A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach                                    

by Danny C. Wash

 

The gritty sand under my feet feels good

as I stand waist deep in the waves of the ocean

and the undertow pulls the sand from underfoot.

The pull of the surf on my body was a pleasant motion.

The sun was hot and testing my sun block lotion

but the sea breeze brings air to cool away the sweat,

until I decide to take a dive forward and get all wet.

When I emerge from the dive I hear my wife call

from the shore that lunch is ready and it’s time to eat.

Our kids are down the shore playing with a beach ball.

I emerge from the water and put my sandals on my feet

and trudge the short walk through the sand to the chairs

with an umbrella over them so that we can eat in the shade.

The kids are very hungry and ready to eat everything there. 

We come to the table preparing to eat what my wife has made,

when suddenly we hear a large rumble and look to the sky.

A large thunderstorm has arisen and it’s preparing to rain.

We grab all our things before the wind causes them to fly

and decide to run for the car because here we can’t remain.

Now safe in the car as the wind blows and the rain falls,

we watch the dark sky and the large raindrops falling down

and discuss if we should go for the rest of the day to the mall.

With the mall as our goal, we start the car and head back to town

to the mall where the wind doesn’t blow and the rain will never fall.

So, our day became a half-day at the beach and the other half at the mall.

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe