The Anchor

The Anchor                                                                

    by Danny C. Wash


 “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope 
both sure and steadfast and one which enters within 
the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us...”
Hebrews 6:19

As a ship has an anchor to hold
it fast in place firm to the sea floor 
so that the boat can be controlled 
and not be blown away or ashore,
my soul like a ship in the sea must hold
onto and be fixed to its anchor evermore.
My soul-anchor is held fast in God’s love
and when storms of grief and sin do blow
His love strengthens me from above
and I know that my God loves me so.
When the mighty waves have ceased
and the winds have stopped their blow
I realized that even as I thought I increased
my hold, it was God that would not let me go.


Popular posts from this blog

The Lord Is Very Near

God’s Mystery

An Email to a Friend About What Christians Believe